ABIE is Recruiting
Communications and Events Manager
Australian Business in Europe, ‘ABIE’ France, is a not-for-profit, membership-based association of over 100 members representing corporations and individuals, which brings together professionals with both Australian and French commercial interests. Its aim is to foster French-Australian business relations. Through a series of business seminars, professional forums and cultural events, members have the opportunity to promote their businesses, improve brand awareness, increase their professional networks and gain unique access to market information.
ABIE is currently looking to engage a part-time Communications and Events Manager.
The ideal candidate will play an important part in the development and growth of ABIE France, combining excellent communication skills, strong administrative capabilities and intercultural awareness.
Planning and organisation of events
Finding venues, liaising with speakers, identifying appropriate sponsors, budget, invitations and replies, logistics: managing events from start to finish in all regards.
Monitor registration and payments of new members, manage & retain existing members, annual membership renewal, up-date the database of members and other contacts, recruit new members with assistance of the Board.
Tracking of expenditure and receipts, banking cheques, reconciling bank statements with monthly account, ad hoc administration duties.
Planning agendas for board meetings and taking minutes, liaison with the Board and President of ABIE, organising the annual AGM.
Website + social media
Up-date website and develop social media initiatives to encourage increased traffic, post events and news, manage on-line membership applications and renewals, manage LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Fostering relations and exchanges with ABIE European chapters, business councils and associations as appropriate to generate contacts, new members and ideas for events.
- University graduate with excellent written and spoken language skills
- Bilingual in English & French (orally & written)
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office including outlook, word, excel and power point.
- Able to work independently; very self-motivated; a well organised administrator; a good
- communicator who enjoys meeting people; experience of events management; the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Experience of managing and updating website and social media content would be an advantage
- Motivated to work for a “not-for-profit” organisation.
Part-time: 15 hours a week flexible, but does include attendance at evening events.
Location: Paris (can be home-based) Remuneration: Confidential, but competitive
Interested candidates should send an up-dated CV and cover letter to ABIE France at